Customer service excellence in theory is hardly rocket science. It’s been on the lips of managers for years – but it seems that that is exactly where it has stayed. Like so many things in life, common sense is often not common practice. So our in-house corporate training on customer service also explores:
- why it goes wrong
- the reasons and blockages to outstanding customer service by looking at motivation and if people are really passionate about customers
- how managers inspire and enthuse their staff to want to treat every customer as individual and special
- whether there is truly a feeling of ‘ownership’ amongst your staff or do you have a blame culture?
- how often do staff take their shoes off and walk in the shoes of others?
We then work out an employee development solution and train everyone so that the staff and managers all have a big tool box of skills and techniques to help them support their customers, happy or distressed. This has a huge impact on the business from every angle: our customer service employee development programmes
- change the culture of the organisation
- encourage innovation
- promote individual accountability
- build customer advocates for the product or service
That enables an organisation to flourish and increases profit or value-add.
Customer service excellence is fundamental to securing and keeping customers. We also have unique experience in complaints handling. We know that in any sector there are high levels of complaints currently. This can mean reputational and business risk, and even the threat of regulatory action in some areas. We include in this section an example overview of complaints handling training as just one of the options to choose from.